Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I can pretend it is not christmas




why do we tend to keep old roles?

I am afraid of becoming an American monster

of those who ramble around here

cold, distant, lonely,

that do not look people into eyes

and do not touch, and do not hug.


Maybe I walked alone too many miles in this concrete jungle.

now I fractured my foot by overstrain

and perhaps it is my body warning a deeper fracture

for excesses of loneliness, and excesses of euphoria, unbalanced.

Lack of equilibrium and too much intensity.


I sent my family to walk trough Chinatown

      -while my broken foot rests in the smallest apartment of the planet-

to buy food at the Chinese market

and so at least one year I can pretend it is not Christmas

and keep trying to abandon old skins.


2 comments: